SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcgivnec

I think I made a mistake! Remodel w/ pics.

mcgivnec
15 years ago

I posted here a about a month ago regarding our family room remodel with an addition of a fireplace, built in bookcases and windows above. You might remember it as I posted a picture of my fireplace inspiration--the one my friend flat out said she hated. Anyway, we plunged ahead and had the fireplace framed and windows installed. I think the windows are too small. I cried when I saw it, I guess I was visualizing something different. We could only fit a 2 foot wide window in the space b/c of a structural limitation on out outside of the house, but we could have gone longer in window size. The plan is to wrap the mantle around to meet up with the custom bookcases on both sides. My husband says it looks fine. He said if we changed them out with longer windows we would be able to see the neigbors garage, plus the fact of cost to do that. They just look so puny up there. What do you think? I know it's not done yet and I'm thinking thicker moldings might make them seem bigger...I guess there is really nothing I can do, I'm just looking for some support?

Comments (27)