SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellymamom

Exterior Paint help - I think we made a mistake (pic)

kellymamom
15 years ago

Has anyone ever painted their house and then didn't like the results...well that's how we are feeling. We don't totally hate it, but we don't really feel like it looks that great.

The biggest challenge was trying to find a color that goes with our roof (which IÂm not crazy about). We chose BM Decatur Buff because the roof had the same color specks when we were comparing paint chips.

Well, now that the house is painted with Decatur Buff, it seems way too warm, bright and yellow. We wanted to do a tan color and we chose a warm tan because we thought it would go better with the roof...was this the wrong thing to do? With the brick colored roof and the Decatur Buff paint, it seems like it makes the roof even brighter. Should we have picked a cool tan...would that have toned down the roof? Is there too much contract with the Simply White trim paint? Should we have picked a different color all together?

Here are some pictures...

Before

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

After (unfortunately the color is not showing up as warm and yellow as it is in real life)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I wish the pictures showed the true color, but they don't. Hopefully someone will read this whoÂs familiar with Decatur Buff. We are willing to repaint, but I need to get it right this time or my husband is going to kill me.

Thank you in advance!!!

Comments (27)