SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
renogirl33

Kitchen Lighting Design: Please Review!

renogirl33
14 years ago

Hi, I'm new to the forums, but I've been gleaning so much from all of you recently! My husband and I are in the process of renovating a 1964 ranch house from top to bottom. We have completely gutted the kitchen to the studs, knocked out the wall between the kitchen and the family room, and now we're trying to create a great little kitchen that we will enjoy for years to come.

I need some help with the lighting design. The plan is to have four 4" cans and 3 pendant lights. The yellow dots are can lights, and the blue square are pendant lights. You can see some measurements on the plan. I posted the link below... Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be done. The web address is:

http://www.timharman.com/thehouse/kitchenlightingplan.jpg

A little background:

- The wall to the far right borders the garage, and there's a garage door to the bottom right of the kitchen design.

- The bottom side of the plan borders the breakfast room

- The left side is the family room. The top left side is a full-height wall that extends out two feet, and then we'll have a 8" bar cap until the wall turns the corner where we'll have a breakfast bar. I'm planning that the pendants will be over the bar cap/breakfast bar areas.

- The top side of the plan borders the dining room, and you can see the passageway into the dining room. It will be 34", which I know is kind of small.

Let me know what you think!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (9)