SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindsay221

Please review my kitchen design!

lindsay221
11 years ago

My husband and I are about one month into our new build. We will be working with a custom cabinet maker, but haven't gotten to the point of getting actual drawings or figuring out sizes of cabinets, etc. with him. We've spent a lot of time coming up with a design. DH did his own renderings, so that's what I'm posting for review. We are a family of 2 (most likely will not be having kids). We both enjoy cooking and typically cook meals together. Now that we'll have more room, we will definitely entertain more. The kitchen will be open to the family room. We will have a separate dining room. We will also have a 5' x 7' walk-in pantry. Some dimensions are included in the renderings (i.e. length of range wall, etc.). Ceilings will be 9 feet, with cabinets all the way up. The island measures 8' x 4'. All aisles are 42". The kitchen window measures approximately 7' wide by 4'6" high. The window faces South. We have already purchased a fridge (48" Liebherr) and range (36" Bluestar). We are thinking about doing an Advantium, but aren't quite sure yet. Prep will be done at the island. The butler's pantry will double as the coffee/tea center. We will have a small wine fridge there also. We have already learned so much from this site and would greatly appreciate any feedback on our design!

Comments (6)