SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amybo_gw

Please review and critique my house plan design

amybo
13 years ago

Hi experts,

I am doing my very first remodeling project (we are gutting the existing house and adding additional sf) and very glad to find this wonderful forum. We are about to start the construction design and would really appreciate your feedback on if anything should be changed.

Some background: We have 2 kids - 5th grade girl (bedroom #2) and 7th grade boy (bedroom #3). We spend most of our time in the great room (homework, meals, TV, reading, etc) and plan to use the living room only when someone need quiet place to read when the great room is noisy. The dining room is going to be used for homework and also board games when no guests are around. There is a big opening in the hallway that my son will use as background for making movies and my daughter will use to practice ballet. We also want the great room and dinning room flow out to the backyard easily since we spend a lot time in the backyard during the summer. We have not figure out the exact dimension of the windows/doors yet.

The floor plan {{gwi:1447997}}

or doll house view {{gwi:1447998}}

Exterior view of the house {{gwi:1447999}} . Please note that the dormer on top of the front door is the same width as the front door (but I can't get the software to enlarge the dormer).

Thank you all in advance.

Comment (1)