SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_228

Need color help ASAP - painters are here!

16 years ago

Oh boy, do I need help! I hope this is not too long, but it has all the info (wish I had a digital camera).

My bedroom and Master entry hall have just been painted with Springfield Tan and the carpet is gray in those rooms. The entry hall leads to the Master Bath, which has white tile floor with gray grout, brown oak vanity cabinets (can be painted), almond toilet and shower tiles, beigey jacuzzi, cultured marble two bowl sink top with veining of brown. Huge mirror walls over the sink area. The ceilings are 15 feet at the highest and it slopes down to the 8' tall window wall over the jacuzzi. The metals are chrome on the shower and fixtures and lightbars.

I have a 25 yr old 4x6 chinese wool rug I like in that room which has royal blue and lighter tones on a cream background with touches of gray and salmon.

I just bought 3 posters (photographs) of white orchids and dogwood on black which we love to go on the 12' long tall wall, over the towel bars and various switches. This is the only wall for art. I will sew something like a cafe curtain for the wall over the tub, so there's lots of options there for color/pattern.

I've kind of decided that I like an analogous color scheme, trying to create a soothing space but with wow accents, like the rug and the art.

Do you think it can be done?

Here is a link that might be useful: dogwood print

Comments (4)