SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindyandmocha

Does it EVER go right???? arrrghgghghhg!

cindyandmocha
13 years ago

Well today is my birthday, and I'm sooooooo frustrated. Actually I'm better today than yesterday.

I got home this week to wrong cabinets. Last week it was grout color. They have ordered the fix for the floor grout.

I got all excited because cabinets were going in yesterday and did. The doors are not on yet though.And then I began to look at them...

The color is perfect, and a few things are just right. But the more I looked, the more I found wrong. By the end of the evening, I was fit to be tied. It's like the cabinet maker did not listen to a single word I said!! I mean my gawd, I gave him PICTURES and a drawing!

1. There is NO magic corner system. He gave me cabinet doors in that area, when I CLEARLY and EMPHATICALLY said I HATE LOWER CABINET DOORS and want DRAWERS MANY many many times over and over.

2. There is no broom storage in the pantry area. Another example of not listening, since I GAVE him a drawing of what I wanted.

3. There is no divided pan storage over the ovens. But he should be able to fix that.

4. The island is 40" away from the perimeter counters. But I clearly said I want 36" so that I can have seating BEHIND the other side of the island.

5. It was suppose to be a 36" cabinet beneath the prep sink end of an 8 ft. island. The other cabinets in that run were suppose to be 24". We they are not. They are 30" all the way the entire length, leaving NO room for seating at all, or the lovely curve I wanted on that side of the granite.

6. Due to this wrong placement, that also means the cutout above for the island hood is 4" off also. And so are the cutouts (THROUGH THE TILE beneath also) for water, gas, and electric.

7. There is no trash pullout, like I requested 4 or 5 times. The cabinet guy said, "oh yeah, well we can fix that, I'll spec that out". More money??? Are you kidding me?????? Why wasn't it there in the first place like I asked in the beginning??

I loved them when I first saw them. They are a great color, and some things are dead on. And then I realized what the problems were shortly after the GC and cabinet maker left. In fact, the granite templater pointed out the island did not match the spec drawing.

Well after I inspected everything more thoroughly, the madder I got. I called the GC yesterday evening and let him have it. He promised to make it right,and then the cabinet maker called me. He tried to weasel out of it a bit, but I let him have it too.

When all was said and done, DH tried to calm me down and I heard him tell his father when I got off the phone, "I'm a little bit afraid of her right now!"

I mean really.. if the workers (ALL of them) would stay off the friggin cell phones for 10 minutes and actually work... And show up for more than a 3 day work week, they might be able to actually concentrate on what they are suppose to be doing!

And frankly, that's another thing I intend to tell the GC and Cabinet maker. When you are having a conversation with me, I DARE you to answer the damned cell phone again. That is really rude and no wonder they are so friggin distracted and don't get the details right. I swear to God the templater was answering 2 phones at once when he was templating!

When we went downstairs to the basement to get the specs for the Miele 42" cooktop, we found a big bent corner on it. Ughhh.. and it's been down there wrapped up for 6 months, and likely the company may refuse to replace it. Definitely not the GC's fault, but just icing on the cake.

Forget wine, I need a whole liquor store. I'm betting all of these "fixes" are going to take another 2 weeks of grilling outside.

Arghghgh... ok.. venting done for now.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!