SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1956_gw

Granite delay has me miffed

annie1956
13 years ago

a little vent here. I guess we're at the mercy of the fabricator who put himself at the mercy of the warehouse.

Beginning: We saw River Gold at the local granite shop/fabricator. They sent us up to the warehouse to pick it out. After reading these boards we go up there, camera in hand ready to pick "our" slab. This HUGE (must've been 3 football fields big - good thing I already picked what I liked before I went there or I would've spend all day in a daze) place - the girls walks you to the slabs and says these are the River Gold. There were about 10 in the lot. And no we couldn't pick one - too much to be moving them around. They were all from the same lot so they were all going to look similar. (ok - so we are agreeable people).

So - that was Saturday (10th). Monday the 19th they template with delivery on Monday the 26th. I get a call on Friday the 23rd - the granite has a crack in it and has to be returned. Am told new slab would be sent Monday/Tuesday this week and be in late this week. (Owner tells me this).

DH calls on Wednesday to check on things. Salesman tells him that the slab isn't even in yet! Not due in until today and we aren't scheduled for install until next Thursday!!! Apparently warehouse won't send down truck w/o full load (I think that's BS). DH asked them if they use other suppliers - Salesman said - yeah lots. So why didn't they get it from another warehouse? (duh-I don't know?)

So DH is pissed we have to wait another week. I'm miffed. And it just stinks that they have you over a barrel.

Or is there anything else I can do? They have 1/2 our money.

(thanks for letting me vent)

A

Comments (5)