SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alku05

Kinda OT: I know all the kitchen layout gurus hang out here...

alku05
15 years ago

...but where do the layout gurus for other parts of the house hang out?

When we were planning our kitchen layout, the highly skilled and insightful members here like celticmoon, sweeby, bmorepanic, paulines and others helped us scrap the junky ideas we were getting from our designer and put together the perfect kitchen we have now. I know, I still have to post finished pics here, but I just need to get the corbels stained and mounted and I will, I promise!

I recently got a kinda big job promotion and the day I found out, DH immediately started allocating my new salary increase towards a large bedroom addition to our house. The thing is that the layout is quite tricky, especially for the upstairs part of it that will house the master bedroom, bath and open onto an over the garage terrace. We need brainstorming help!!! We will be working with an architect, but we want to go in armed with good ideas, especially since our past experience getting ideas from our designer for our kitchen resulted in ideas that weren't that great or creative.

Were should I go to find the layout gurus for this? Building a home forum? It's not a whole house, but it is a BIG addition, and overall "flow" throughout the house matters a lot to us. Remodeling forum? I'm just feeling spoiled by the experts and help I got here on the kitchen board, and don't know where else to go.

Comments (7)