SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitchendreaming_gw

Kitchen Floor Design/ Removing the stairwells

kitchendreaming
13 years ago

hi, this is my first post to this forum!

We are considering remodeling the kitchen and doing construction work also. I will appreciate your comments on our plan.

Our kitchen is located in the front of the house, on the left as you enter the house. The dining room is on the right. In the back is the living room and the garden with a large picture window. Here is the current kitchen:

{{!gwi}}
( I am also including a link to the figures because I do not know why they look so small).

The main problem with this layout is the lack of counterspace between the sink and the stove. Also, you can see the refrigerator as soon as you enter the house.

This is the proposed layout:

{{!gwi}}
We are planning on moving the sink to the front window, and the refrigerator so that it makes a nice triangle while still being able to have a table. In addition, we are planning on removing the walls on each side of the staircase that goes to the basement. The stairs will then be limited by a half-wall and we will be able to see the living room and the garden from the kitchen, although the stairs will in principle remain.

My questions are if you think that the new plan will make the kitchen look larger, if it will feel awkward to have the refrigerator on the left as you enter the kitchen or any other comments you might have. I am excited about the new layout but sometimes I feel afraid!

Does anybody have pictures of a kitchen with a similar layout or has anybody removed the stairwells?

Thanks so much!

Here is a link that might be useful: The current and future kitchen plans can also be seen here

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm