SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyemerald

Need ideas for organizing blind corner cab

Bunny
10 years ago

I have three blind lower cabinets. I know, I know. Two of them really present no day-to-day problems since the items stored there (pots and pans, bakeware) are easily sorted by frequent use, with the seldom used items occupying the far reaches.

There is one, however, that is really irksome. It's near my prep area and is filled with bowls and plastic storage containers and their lids. Every time I root around in there, cussing a blue streak, I think of GW and its disapproval and pity that I am cursed with such an abomination in my kitchen. :) It's kinda funny in a way, but kinda isn't. Periodically I sort and arrange containers/lids and in a day or so it's utter chaos again. It's gotten to where I put things away by just opening the door and tossing the container inside.

I'm stuck with these cabs for the foreseeable future. I've looked at some $$$ retrofits and not sure they're gonna work in my existing cab (one fixed shelf). I'm thinking I may just need to add trays with sides that I can slide in and out.

I'd love to hear about (seeing is even better) some solutions you may have come up with in a similar situation. I think the main problem is that what I'm storing are small things that need to be corralled.

Comments (14)