SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jonesieseattle

Need Kitchen Design Help

JonesieSeattle
10 years ago

Hi All,
We're getting ready to embark on a kitchen remodel. Our main issues are: lack of storage and space. It makes me crazy how when cooking, we're always bumping into each other and I have to store half my kitchen stuff in the garage. I also hate clutter so having more storage would fix that. We don't have enough work-space. We will be taking out the wall near the dishwasher and lowering the bar to make one big countertop workspace (not replacing the cabinets that go across there). We'll also be adding a built-in L shaped dining bench that will have storage (on half the wall where the table is now, and to the right of that in the inset space by our window. The garage door opens in, directly into the fridge and cabinets. A design store did a mock up and butted the stove against the fridge to add a lazy susan on the far left. I really want a lazy susan but hate the appliances like that. Should we move the fridge to the other wall where the table is so we could move the stove down and get the lazy susan? Also thinking of adding a second layer of cabinets above the stove for more storage, though I will need a step ladder to access them, which is ok. Any ideas are much appreciated - please don't laugh at my outdated kitchen! ha!

Comments (2)