SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paigeysmom

Thoughts on copper sink with nickel faucet?

paigeysmom
15 years ago

I need advice on my sink crisis again. Here is our situation--our Kraftmaid vanilla bean finish (white glazed) cabinets are allegedly arriving in a few days. I learned last week that the stainless steel sink I ordered doesn't exist and I have to find something new quick (I am absolutely furious because I searched for that sink for weeks!). I know it should be easy to find another sink, but I have looked at thousands of sinks and find most of them too boring. I originally wanted an apron sink but my cabinet dealer/KD (I'm not sure what he is) talked me out of it. Now we have a standard 33 inch sink base cabinet ordered and I'm basically stuck with it.

I posted earlier this week for advice on putting an apron sink into a standard cabinet. Some people recommended modifying the cabinet others recommended ordering a new sink base cabinet. Then I found a company that makes copper or stainless steel apron front sinks with a false apron front that slips over the front of a standard cabinet the same depth as the fake drawer on the cabinet. The sink basin can then be made deeper than the apron front so that we still get a 10 inch deep sink. This seems like a fantastic solution to a very annoying problem and my husband loves the copper sinks. I have been in contact with the company and they can have a sink made for us in time for granite installation to our exact measurements (yes, I'm sure it will be at a substantial cost--but I don't think I care anymore).

Now, my problem is that I have already ordered my vintage style faucet and pot filler in a satin nickel finish. I was also planning for the lighting and hardware to be satin nickel and we have stainless steel appliances. Can I mix the copper sink with satin nickel? I asked the sink designer this question and he showed me pictures of the sinks in his own kitchen that use nickel faucets with copper sinks and several designer kitchens with the same combination and it looks great. Since the copper patinas over time I think maybe it would be difficult to find a copper faucet and sink with matching finishes--they would always be a bit different. Typically though I would instinctively want the finish on all of these items to match, so please tell me if I'm making a huge and costly mistake by going this way. Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rachiele Sinks

Comments (6)