SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjr220

Need another set of eyes for backsplash decision

rjr220
13 years ago

My DH is out of town, backsplash is being installed. Installer is very attentive to detail and doing what I asked and listening to this Loco kitchen lady.

Under the MW cabinet the wall is not true. We were wondering whether to tile the return wall or not -- I made the executive decision to tile it, not knowing the back wall wasn't straight. So, the tile on the return wall needed to be cut somewhat skewed. I only notice it when I am looking at it thru the pass thru window, in the adjoining room. When I 'm in the kitchen I don't notice it as much.

I am thinking about having them take off the tile off the return wall and just plastering and painting. I need some eyes to tell me what would look better. Here is a down and dirty view thru the pass through.

Am I overthinking this -- is it as noticeable as I think it is? I am off to get some extra tile (yet another wee hiccup) and hopefully somebody can help me out this morning.

Hats off to you DIY tilers. DH and I would not have been able to handle these wee hiccups.

Comments (10)