SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pebbles81_gw

I am back for yet another kitchen remodel..Peninsula range hood?

pebbles81
11 years ago

So, we moved to Florida. We are in the process of closing on a house, small, but in a great neighborhood. The kitchen needs to be gutted...it's far from functional.

We are planning on removing the wall between the kitchen and the dining room. The problem is that the washer and dryer are in the kitchen as well (not planning on removing them to another room in the house)and we have two windows, so there isn't a lot of wall space to work with.

The designer we are working with came up with the design below, but I am not crazy about having the range/cooktop on the peninsula.

The house is not big, so the idea of a hood coming down on the peninsula, I think, will crowd the space, even if its a slim chimney type hood. What do you guys think? Also, do I even need a hood? The range/cooktop HAS to be electric.

Orignally we had planned on putting the range where the frige is on this design, but then the fridge would have to go on the wall where one of the peninsula drawer base cabinets is and then the wall between the dining room and the kitchen would have to come into the peninsula a bit. Make sense?

The we thought about putting the fridge where the pantry near the dining room is, but then fridge would go into the dining room space, and we have different ceiling heights in the dining room and kitchen.

So at this point I think the attached drawing is the best although I am not crazy about the range on the peninsula issue.

Please help!

ASW

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022