SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanpn

another aesthetic question: corner range hood options (pics???)

susanpn
15 years ago

Well now that so many people here have helped me determine definitively that stainless is my choice for appliances, here's another something I am pondering.

Need to decide what to do with the vent hood.......My range (actually it's a cooktop placed over a built in oven) will be in the corner, joining the counter with centered sink/windows on one side, and the counter that ends with the fridge on the other.

My choice is: put a chimney hood (guess stainless to match the appliances!) or just get a liner and hide with cabinetry.

I am leaning toward cabinetry covering as I think it will be better for the craftsman/arts & crafts look, but am open to a hood and have to be because don't know which will cost more.

This is purely an aesthetic question here, I've got the cfm info and venting and all that covered, just need to get an idea of what it could look like. It's rare to find corner photos of ranges and also see something other than ornate cabinetry going around the entire top half of the room. Anyone who's got photos of a corner situation like this,with either a chimney or covering, I would love to see them!

Comments (7)