SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mizrachi_gw

Yet Another Small Appliance, Tiny Kitchen Thread

mizrachi
13 years ago

I'm renovating my small Brooklyn kitchen and have narrowed down my appliance choices. This is my first renovation (and my first apartment) so any tips or advice are welcome. We're a family of two who both love to cook and bake, and I'm hoping to maximize counter space while still making the kitchen fully functional.

I'd love to hear your thoughts regarding these appliances or any others you might recommend instead. And thank you all so much for this useful forum!

COUNTER-DEPTH REFRIGERATOR:

Blomberg BRFB1450: 27" width, 14.8 cu. ft.

Liebherr CS136: 24" width, 13 cu. ft.

Sub-Zero 700TCI: 27" width, 10.2 Cu. Ft.

INTEGRATED DISHWASHER:

Smeg STA4645U: 18" Fully Integrated Dishwasher with 5 Wash Cycles

Miele Optima II Series G1262SCVI: 18" Fully Integrated Dishwasher with 6 Wash Programs

Bosch Integra Series SRV53C03UC: 18" Fully Integrated Dishwasher with 5 Wash Cycles

GAS RANGE:

Fisher Paykel OR24SDMBGX1: 24" Pro-Style Gas Range with 4 Sealed Burners, 2.5 cu. ft. Convection Oven, Manual Clean and Storage Drawer

Smeg C6GGXU: 24" Freestanding Gas Range with 4 Sealed Burners, Double Inset Super Burner, 2.4 cu. ft. Convection Oven, Manual Clean, Electronic Ignition and Storage Drawer

Bertazzoni Professional X244GGVX: 24" Pro-Style Gas Range with 4 Sealed Burners, 1.9 cu. ft. European Convection Oven, Manual Clean and Storage Drawer

OTHER QUESTIONS:

None of the aforementioned 24" ranges offer that much usable oven space. Only the higher-end 24" pro style ranges offer more (Viking, American, Blue Star, etc), but I've read they generate too much heat for a small kitchen, and I'm not allowed to install an exterior vent. Has anyone installed one of these in a small kitchen without a vent, and if so, does it get unbearably hot?

Also, any thoughts on appropriate range hoods for a co-op building that won't allow exterior venting? My current hood simply blows air away from the range but not out of the kitchen.

Comments (15)