SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
camg_gw

Thoughts on revised (again) kitchen?

CamG
11 years ago

Summerfield was so wonderful as to do a draft of both floors of my house. (http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/build/msg0713343110459.html?5177). I think the upstairs is absolutely perfect, and the main floor is, with the possible exception of the kitchen. I am in talks with the GC, hoping for a late winter/early spring build, so it's time to get settled on this.

Summerfield's great draft:

I do want a few changes, however. I want a smaller island to give more clearance around it, and I don't want the fridge next to the pantry door, where it won't be able to open fully. So, I was planning on moving the fridge and range both towards the sink. However, this leaves me with about 24" of counterspace and cabinets between the pantry and fridge, fridge and range, and range and corner. Those cabinets are going to be awfully tiny.

I had another idea:

What do you think about putting the fridge next to the desk and the microwave above the range (I forgot to draw it in)? I realize it puts the fridge a long ways from the sink. I would be open to the idea of a prep sink in the counter next to the pantry. This would give acres of open counterspace, great flexibility with cabinets. Plus, I wasn't quite sure what to do with that space next to the desk--I wouldn't want to put much food right next to a computer monitor, so I think it would become a clutter space. We had talked about an oven stack, but its simply not in the budget.

You all had such great thoughts before, I hope you don't mind a few more! Thanks!!

Comments (4)