SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dallgower

HELP - did they just ruin my granite? Advice needed

dallgower
15 years ago

I had our granite guys out today to finish working on a piece that they needed to touch up. While they were here they offered to put a sealer on our countertops. They put an enhancer and sealer (that is what the bottle said) on our Madura gold granite and on our Inca Gold limstone in our master bedroom.

They told me not to put anything on the counters for 2-3 hours to let them dry. They did not tell me to do anything else.

Well tonight I go into our Master and our limestone looks awful. It has what looks like wet oily marks on it. I assumed it was where the extra sealer and not been absorbed so I tried to clean it with my stone cleaner (Granite Gold). It did nothing to change the round little spots.

So then I went down to my kitchen and the first 3 counter tops felt and looked fine. Then, I felt the rest. They all felt like they had been waxed. I took cleaner to them, and I was getting pilling of small gummy balls under my towel. I assume this is just extra sealer. I have been scrubbing and scrubbing, but I still seem to have a wax like film over the counter. They look really bad.

Any suggestions?

Comments (5)