SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinahollywood

Darn it! Air Switch in wrong place. Pix. Suggestions???

tinahollywood
15 years ago

Well, I have told myself a thousand times not to totally trust the "experts", but I've gone and done it again. I let the granite installers pick the position for my air switch (I figured they'd installed about a million of these and must know what they're doing...) and now that the faucet is installed, I can see that it's in the dead-wrong position. When you turn off the faucet, it gets soaked by the water running off your hand.

This is really bugging me (way out of proportion bugging me) and I figure I have three choices:

1) Live with it. (NOOO don't make me)

2) Move the faucet lever so that it's on the left (my DH and I are right-handed, but we could live with it).

3) Have my other contractor (who's still on the job) move the air switch to where it makes most sense -- to the left of the faucet, and back a bit (the perfect spot -- why didn't I take the time to think this through???). In my dream world, he takes the "plug" from the new air gap hole he's drilled and uses it to seamlessly repair the old hole (ha ha). Or I could get a low profile cap of some kind.

What do you think, oh sage ones? Please help!

Here's what it looks like:

Comments (23)