SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megannj_gw

cherry kitchen w/ modern glass backsplash?

megannj
13 years ago

Here's the quandry: can you go w/ a green glass subway tile in a traditional cherry kitchen w/ modern ss hardware? I say yes, hubby says no. He wants pictures of finished kitchens to prove that this will work.

Point 2: Focal point/interest area under hood. I thought I found a great solution being vertical glass 'waterfall tile' to coordinate with the green glass subway tile. I liked the salesmen's idea of it going from cooktop to ceiling at the hood area. Again: will need comp. photos to sell this to the husband!

Here are pictures of our kitchen & the glass tiles:

http://s736.photobucket.com/albums/xx7/meganhnj/

An alternative my husband & I agreed on was to use perhaps cut green marble as our field tile & frame out some crackled glass abby shaped tiles by Trikeenan. Now I'm worried that dirt may build up in them if they are over the stove (as the other salespeople told me, who don't sell trikeenan). This option is more traditional, more expensive & I think less daring.

Should we just do a boring tumbled marble?! ugh. DS also worries about resale. I say "go w/ what we like!" We may leave within 2 years or so... who knows though!

Thanks for any & all help.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations