SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a1an

Need some Feedback - I put a Stop Payment...

a1an
11 years ago

I can't ever recall in the last 20 years on putting a stop payment on a check or payment...except for 1 lost check in the mail.

I put a stop payment on the remaining 50% I paid a wood flooring guy to sand/seal brand new stairs. There are issues with the level of final finish, a issue I brought up when they were done on the *last* coat. Long story short, they were back the following day to rescreen and coat. Altogether, we now have 4 coats on the stairs. How thick it is subjective (note they had to sand/screen to smooth out their sh1tty final finish). In doing so to *correct* the issues I had, mainly the final smoothness of the product, the baluster edged was down to bare wood in some limited areas..all which was fixed when they were done.

Post 2 days later, after another final review...the finish is NOT up to the par of what expected from a professional in which I paid professional rates. I don't want to be in a situation where I wait for the contractor to come back and *make it right* --- having been paid in full. He has told me he's not in the area and may come back on Friday , when he's in the area.

Was I wrong on doing a stop payment....

Comments (3)