SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

98.5% Finished Kitchen ! Lots of Pictures

tinker_2006
15 years ago

(Note: I am not the best photographer!!)

We moved into our new house 5 days ago. I know some of you will recall my posts of despair... first about the sick, sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I felt I made a big mistake with the Cherry cabinets instead of the cream color I have always loved. I felt I would feel like I was living in a cave and I even had thoughts of moving in and having them painted or refaced immediately! But I am absolutely loving the Cherry! It's rich and elegant, and I think it is perfect!

Then the granite on the island.. the edge was made incorrectly, and I thought it was UGLY and way too chunky, but now that it is on, and the island is near completion, I am really starting to like it A REAL, REAL LOT! The granite situation gave me so much stress at the end of our build, with the fabricator refusing to do anything. They have however, called 2 days ago, and changed their minds, and did agree to replace it if I decided I didn't like it. (probably heard I had intended on reporting then to the BBB).

They still have to put a few cabinet pulls on, and finish up the sides of the island, but it is really just about done.

I am really loving the kitchen, and only one issue is where they put the kitchen sink (which is our fault, we did approve) and the sink shape - I don't care for it, and failed to look it up, and approved the work-order with it. It's 2' too far over, but I think we will just live with it for a while and see how it functions for us. We are not serious chef's in the kitchen by any means!

That's it - I couldn't have done this or made it through this without all of your support and guidance!!

{{gwi:1904218}}

{{gwi:1904219}}

{{gwi:1887990}}

{{gwi:1887988}}

{{gwi:1749483}}

{{gwi:1904220}}

{{gwi:1904222}}

{{gwi:1887991}}

{{gwi:1904224}}

{{gwi:1887992}}

{{gwi:1904225}}

{{gwi:1904226}}

{{gwi:1904227}}

{{gwi:1904229}}

{{gwi:1904230}}

{{gwi:1904231}}

Kitchen table - really almost matches, but I didn't do that on purpose! We have a new one ordered 9 weeks ago, that is on it's way to us. Hope it works!

Cabinets: Made by cabinet shop (they make the boxes, and order doors, hood and trim from Conestoga Wood).

Granite: Golden Oak/Madura Gold

Backslash: Dal-tile Sienna Gold travertine

Floors: Mahogany, by Anderson

Sink: Kindred Estate

Faucets: Kohler Fairfax

Pendant over island: Savoy House "Marion"

Refrigerator: Jenn Air French Door

Cook-top: 36" GE Induction

Ovens: GE Profile: Advantium & Convection

Paint: Kitchen is Porter "Rich Amber" Breakfast area is SW Blonde.

Comments (62)