SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michiganrachel

My almost finished kitchen! LOTS of pictures

michiganrachel
13 years ago

I posted some pictures a few weeks ago. Today was a nice sunny day (rare during the Michigan winter), so I decided to try to take some pictures.

I say almost finished as I still need to decorate and fill those windows and I have a problem with the cabinets - Almost all my cabinet doors need to be replaced. You can't see it in the pictures, but the paint job is pretty bad and the seams on almost every door are starting to split. I knew this would happen eventually, but not as soon as I moved in. ARGH = frustration. However, no one really notices but me. However, between the problems with the paint job and the splitting seams I feel like my cabinets look 5 years old.

Also, still need some fillers, the kickplate on the island, and my window treatments are getting put up on Friday (woven wood shades).

So far, I am loving the kitchen. The "barrier island" some warned me about hasn't been a big issue. I just get what I need from the fridge and put it on the island. My fridge drawers help durign meals at the island as I keep what I need during meals in there. My ovens are awesome and have made great cookies, chicken, steaks, pork roast. I love the microwave drawer and have used the warming drawer to keep cookies, pancakes, waffles, and dh's dinner warm!

As some of you know, we did a whole house renovation and 1900 sq. foot addition (the original whole house was 1500 sf). I have some other pictures on flickr, but haven't taken pictures of everything yet as some rooms still have boxes, no pictures have been hung, and some rooms have paper taped over windows for privacy until our window treatments come in. If you'd like to see what I have so far, you can visit my flickr album.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91801398@N00/sets/72157625738507421/

Here's my info - hopefully I won't forget anything.

Cabinets - Holiday Cabinets. White shaker doors and walnut island.

Granite - BIANCO ANTICO!!! :) Love

Backsplash - American Olean 3x6 white subway tiles. This is where I decided to save money and I love how they look

Appliances - Wolf 36 inch rangetop, best 42" hood, Wolf L series double ovens, subzero fridge, sharp microwave drawer, kitchenaid warming drawer, u-line fridge drawers, Miele La Perla dw

Sinks - big one is a Kraus 32 inch single bowl, prep sink is Ticor, can't remember the size.

Faucets - Delta touch faucet

Lighting - pendants are Hudson Valley Randolph, 10 inch, kitchen table light is Murray Feiss American Foursquare 6+2 light in ORB

Hardware - Amerock Kane in weathered nickel

Floors - White oak to match the 75 year old floors in original part of house.

Without further ado:

View of kitchen from family room

View of kitchen from eating area

View of kitchen from mudroom/outside pantry door

Fridge & oven wall

Love my bianco antico!

More of the granite

Love my runnels

This was taken on Superbowl night. My prep sink used as a drink cooler. An unforeseen but very handy use! It took a lot of ice to fill that 10 inch deep sink!

Kitchen table taken from the kitchen. My table has 2 self storing leaves, so we can seat a lot of people!

My pantry. There's more shelves tothe right that you just can't see from this angle. Terrible lighting, but you get the idea and can definitely see I'm not one of those super organized pantry people!

Family room. More shelves that need to be decorated! You can see my desk area to the right of the fireplace. DH has an office, but this is my space.

Comments (32)