SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ailene54

My almost finished budget facelift with lots of pictures

Ilene Perl
11 years ago

The many beautiful kitchens I've seen here have been an inspiration. My granite isn't as exotic as many, but I'm very happy with it. You helped with so many decisions, I don't think my kitchen would have looked the same without you. Because of a broken dishwasher, self cleaning oven which was broken too, we decided to do a budget update. Initially new granite countertops, BS, floor and window treatments were planned. It is because of this site, we decided to have the cabinets painted, but the styles of the doors were horrible. My doors were changed to thermafoil, with a company who told me what BM paint to use on the boxes. I was going to quit this facelift the day before contractor started because of the soffits, this site gave me the encouragement to continue. I feel as though I have a functioning kitchen, with enough (if anyone ever feels they have enough) space. Thank you for helping me have a kitchen I can be proud of!

The style of my house is a ranch, off the kitchen is the entranceway, DR, Den, and mub/laundry room (which has a door).

If you can help me figure a new table I would appreciate it: I prefer not to use wood because DH does work at KT, I'm afraid scratches on glass would drive me nuts. I've thought of making up a granite/formica bestalt slate table, will change fan when I figure out the table. I love the chairs I now have, but realize they don't go, should I consider staining/painting them?

Changes made to old kitchen:

Cabinet above cooktop was raised for OTR microwave

Drawer was made under cooktop

Cabinet above refrigerator was extended

Pullout drawers were made in all lower cabinets

High hats were added to soffits

Under counter lighting

Granite:New Venetian Gold

BS:Jeffery Court Pearl White Beveled Subway Tile (HD)

Floor: Mohawk Bamboo Strand (Costco)

Faucet: Grohe Bridgeford Pull Out

{{!gwi}}

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor