SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colibri5

Finished Kitchen-Lots of Pictures

colibri5
14 years ago

A huge thank you for all of the advice and inspiration provided by so many of you. Special thanks go to Kevin at AZ Stone Consulting and Bill Vincent for advice on tile and granite issues. My two great inspirations for decorating details were Lovestocookforsix and Lynninnewmexico. Thank you so much for providing details and photos of your beautiful kitchens!

I spent countless hours pouring over photos of finished kitchens here, and now I want to share my space with those who helped me and those who I might help as well.

Here are the details:

Cabinets: Custom made maple, Buttermilk stain (one shade darker than natural). Island has a black glaze over the stain.

Granite: Juparana Crema Bordeaux with Black Galaxy on desk. All granite with beveled edge.

Backsplash: 1x2" tumbled travertine brick mosaic with SGM 127 sanded grout. Color: Beach

Flooring: Rapalano 20x20" rectified porcelain set in diagonal. Grout color: Light Smoke

Lighting: Pendants: Murray Feiss Parker Place, white opal etched glass for island and brushed steel over sink. Under cabinets: GE Slimline fluorescent with warm white bulbs (great bang for the buck! We would never dim these lights so no need to pay more, plus they stay nice and cool)

Faucet: Hansgrohe Talis S

Pulls and Knobs: Jeffrey Alexander Milan collection in satin nickel. One Soko Manhandle in stainless steel.

Drawer Slides: Accuride side-mount, full-extension with soft close. Wonderful!

Appliances: All were existing and include a Bosch dishwasher, LG refrigerator, Panasonic microwave and Jenn-Air slide-in range.

Special features: appliance garage, spice pullouts, tray storage drawer, pantry storage drawers for canned goods.

Favorite features: large drawers instead of base cabinets (except under sink and beverage storage cabinet), tray storage, pantry drawers and pullouts

Before:

After:

Pantry and refrigerator wall:

Sink area and pendant lighting:

Desk:

Appliance garage:

Tray storage drawer (I opted for this over a trash pullout and love it!):

Upper pantry area:

Lower pantry-storagedrawers for canned goods (need to get dividers!):

Spice pullouts:

Bowls, pasta bowl, even canisters fit in drawers:

Love my in-drawer knife storage-Henckels from Amazon: