SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
countrygirl217

Barn Kitchen almost finished

countrygirl217
11 years ago

I posted a question back in January about style advice for our barn. ÃÂ I got some great ideas and then ultimately disappeared on here (you can imagine how hard it is to get to the computer with a 4 year old and a 2 year old:) ÃÂ But here I am with some almost finished pictures I took of our barn "apartment". ÃÂ The lights are being built (they are barn style pendants) and the furniture and accessories are not in, but the basics are and I'm thrilled with how it turned out. My cabinet maker is using some of the wood remnants to build a plate rack/shelf for just above the sink in between the windows.

This is a new build barn in Montana. ÃÂ We finished the upstairs of the barn to be able to stay here when we want to (and I have a feeling DH is going to do some serious convincing to live here full time) ÃÂ DH was dead set on stained cabinets, otherwise I was considering grey or green, but he won out with rustic alder. ÃÂ It took lots of samples to get the stain right so it wasn't super orange, and I really like it. The granite is seaweed and the tile backsplash is Daltile urban putty. I wanted it simple with all the wood and it needed to be light so I went with *gasp* subway tile:) The floors are circular sawn hickory. ÃÂ The ceiling through the whole structure is cedar plank with douglas fir beams. ÃÂ The structure is post and beam. ÃÂ I'll post a finished post when it's all done with all the specs, but feel free to ask questions in the meantime. ÃÂ I just love seeing other people's finsihed spaces so I thought I'd share. ÃÂ This forum has been so helpful to me during our last house remodel and this project that I wanted to show you all what you helped me create:)

Comments (22)