SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enright5

My kitchen facelift about to start- would love another set of eye

enright5
11 years ago

Here is a run down of what we plan to do and if you see anything Im missing please share, I have not used a kitchen designer so I would love feedback from GW!

I am posting my current kitchen so you can see what I am dealing with. This is a total face lift project- I just want to update my kitchen and brighten it up.

Where the middle cabinet is on the short wall it will be replaced by a Wolf 30" range and hood above so two 30 inch cabinets with glass will sandwich the range. The black double wall oven will be taken out.

The cabinet above the sink will be shortened to 33" (all uppers are 42" now) and inset a bit. The doors on that new cabinet will be glass too with lights in them.

The island will be 3 new (dark espresso) base cabinets and will house a single wall oven facing the sink. The island top will most likely be carerra marble (much anguish over the counter decisions!!) and the perimeter Im stuck on but most likely another light color quartz surface.

New stainless appliances : Viking refridg, stainless dishwaher- SO EXCITED to get the black out! My kitchen doesn't get much light so I think the painting of the cabinets a slight off white shade will brighten up the space.

So with all that said, this is where I am and where I need some serious feedback.

1. Danby or Carerra in center island- for best durability is honed the only way to go? My heart doesn't sing over honed but if I must I will.

2. What to do with perimeter? I like the suggestion of doing a solid white on perimeter but what? I will be honest I am not necessarily drawn to solid white and Im afraid solid white is going to show everything.If I could get something with some subtle movement it might be easier to maintain. Any suggestions?? Has anyone used another material on perimeter other than black soap stone or wood? I really want to keep with the off white/ white.

3. 12" over hang on island on two sides- do I need to get some type of "leg" or support. I hadn't thought of that when I ordered the bas cabinets. We are trying to increase out seating by one so the end of the new counter will hang 12" over to accommodate one more chair.

3. Anything jump out at you kitchen Gods and Goddesses that I am missing? Flooring and lighting is staying and back splash can be decided later.

Thank you!

Comments (4)