SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gidge816

Would like some opinions on marble backsplash..

Gidge816
9 years ago

Hello all- as my kitchen Reno is almost coming to an end (whew!) I am faced with one last kind of major decision. Back splash!! Ah so many gorge options to choose from; although I find that I am gravitating towards two choices and I am not sure which will look best. I have stark white shaker cabinets and pretty standard silver hardware with super white granite soon to be installed this week. I am going with benjamin moore's horizon (a super light gray) on the walls. Now I am between a gray subway tile (haven't decided on what shade yet) or marble subway shaped tile or what I am really loving lately is herringbone marble tile. I have white subway tile in a bathroom downstairs close to the kitchen so I am a little subway tiled out. I am strongly leaning towards the marble herringbone (at least today I am) Now my concern is that perhaps marble herringbone will look too busy with super white granite. The granite does have a lot of gray veining. Does anyone agree and feel it might? I just feel like my cabinets are so plain and the marble herringbone will truly make a statement! I appreciate any response on this subject, I am very torn! I have attached a photo of my counter top incase anyone needs a visual :).

Comments (14)