SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
houseful_gw

Which layout do you prefer

houseful
15 years ago

Went to meet with cabinet salesperson Thursday and late Wednesday, I made a quick revision to my floorplan (the one I just new was perfect for me, LOL!).

So here are the renderings. The first one is the one I thought I wanted. There is a small bookcase under the window before the pantry. I like the cooking area off by itself and do not mind the distance to the frig. I'll be able to look out the window while I cook.

Now the second one moves the cooktop to the corner, but puts the window (that will not change) inside the pantry. We will put glass at the back of the arched niche over the cooktop which will let light through. It does tighten up the workspace, but people will be walking around the cook to get to the pantry. Although, that aisle is 45". All the others are 50".

The island posts go to the ceiling, but I cut them off for a better view. I'm still undecided where to put the island sink which is why there are two. Also, I know for sure I do not want the cooktop or cleanup sink on the island

Original

New

For some reason I deleted the original floorplan from photobucket, but I can rescan it if it necessary.

One more question: Would I be crazy to put another door on the opposite side of the pantry? That hallway comes in from the driveway and it would be handy going right into the pantry, but I don't want people using it as a passage. If that's not a good idea, how about an opening up off the floor with a cabinet door covering it. We could pass groceries to the person inside the pantry. Then again, these both might be overkill since it's really not that long of a walk around the butler's pantry.

Comments (9)