SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quandries

Please help pick out backsplash

quandries
15 years ago

I found this forum Friday night (while sitting next to my empty shell of a kitchen) and spent hours admiring your kitchens Friday and Saturday nights into the wee hours of the morning. Thought maybe you smart folks would be able to help me:

We are getting Kraftmaid Natural Maple cabinets installed (no pictures, still in boxes in the garage) and have paid a deposit for Cambria Victoria countertop. We will have stainless steel appliances.

I have been to 5 tile shops and have only found one tile that I like - Oceanside Glass Cane Irid. It is about 3x what I planned to spend and I am not sure that it will work. Our wall is sloppy because I removed tile - glue is still there and I scraped a bit of the wall taking it down. There is no backing to this tile and I am not sure that the thinset will cover the glue. Tile guy is going to look at it and let me know. (I think the fact that I can't find any tile maybe means that I don't like the countertop - probably too late for that though)

Anyway - does anyone have any suggestions for something else for the backsplash? I think relatively plain will work best because the countertop is pretty busy. Also, do you think brown maple, brown countertop with brown flecks, and brown tile is too much?

Any help/guidance that you can provide will be appreciated!

Quandries

Comments (9)