SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisacan

countertop material without seams for large island

13 years ago

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post...I found this forum after most of my planning and layouts were finished but, I have a counter question. Originally I wanted marble for the island with a black material (simple matte without alot going on) for the perimeter but found out that it would be next to impossible to find a slab of marble long enough for my island which is 10 feet (it's 45 inches at it's widest point with a radius on one side with an overhang for seating). I guess I will do a marble backsplach instead! I think I've settled on AB honed all over even after reading the complaints about finger prints and I have seen slabs that are 130 inches long. I also have seen the nordic black antiqued in some postings and it looks interesting but I'm unable to find a source close to where I live which is in Northern Ontario, Canada that has any slabs and I'm not sure I would be able to find one long enough. Luckily I live in a city that borders Michigan and have access to suppliers there but they didn't have any Nordic Black. I would like to know if anyone with the antiqued finish really loves it after having had it a while and if anyone would have a close up photo? I should also mention that the main sink is in the island and my cabinets will be BM cloud white. Any comments would be helpful.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH