SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abbey_cny

? on crown molding and cabinets to the ceiling

abbey_cny
11 years ago

I ordered my new cabinets yesterday (Schuler) and ran into a problem with the crown molding so I am looking for some info.

I had planned on doing crown molding all around the kitchen ceiling, as there is molding there now but very basic 1950's stuff and I wanted to dress everything up. I ordered a simple crown molding from Schuler, but apparently it won't work in the rest of the kitchen where it won't be up against the top of the cabinets? The Lowe's person and the Schuler person she called both appeared surprised that I would want crown molding all around the entire kitchen. I didn't think my request was unsual but perhaps it is? They told me the solution was to buy similar molding and just put it up in the areas where there are no cabinets. Wouldn't different style molding look a little odd? This is my one and only kitchen remodel, lol, so I am rather unsure of what I am doing at times, but I thought I was doing pretty good with the cabinets until I ran into this. I hope I explained myself correctly, and hope those of you with cabinets all the way to ceiling can weigh in and let me know what you did as far as the molding around your cabinets and the rest of the kitchen. Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Comments (13)