SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threeapples

Please help me choose perimeter countertops.....

threeapples
11 years ago

Here's the context: dark stained red oak floors, cherry stained island with montclair danby honed marble, perimeter cabinets creamy white glazed inset with bead, wooden range hood to match cabinets, white farmhouse sink, stained french casement window with unlacquered brass hardware, and one ceiling to counter cabinet with pewter mesh over glass insert.

initially i was leaning toward soapstone perimeter counters until someone on here smartly suggested i avoid doing the reverse of my island counter top (white-ish with black veining). i cannot find an all black soapstone and want to avoid color variation or grey/white streaking. i was looking at slate as an option, but it's rather cold feeling. my husband is completely against wood counters, unfortunately, so i'm at a loss as to what i should pursue. we want the kitchen to look collected over time, as opposed to having it all created from a big box store. i thought perhaps copper or zinc, but am not sure how practical those would be, or how prone to scratching. i thought stainless steel for a moment, but that seems industrial and contemporary. should i try for an absolute black honed or leathered? anyone else have suggestions for me? i'm running out of time and ideas. thanks so much!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!