SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yttocs3

Kitchen Layout Help Part 2 - Blank Slate!

yttocs3
12 years ago

Hey everyone,

I decided it was time to start a new post. My wife and I have been trying to digest all of the comments we have got about our kitchen ideas and that has led to nothing but more questions and doubt. I'd like to try a different approach.

What would you do with this area?:

- The location of the pantry door can change as well.

- I'm quite certain we want some kind of island, but don't let that restrict you.

- Ceilings are 9', we plan to do 42" uppers, cabs will be a dark expresso color, there will be no window in the kitchen so the sink can go anywhere.

- The appliances you need to work into the layout are a slide-in electric range, OTR Microwave, FD Fridge (26 cu ft standard size), DW, and standard overmount S/S sink.

- The white area is approx. 10'8" x 14'. The recessed area between the pantry entrance and exterior wall is about 8'.

- Any other required info, just let me know.

We really appreciate all of the layout advice we've got thus far, and don't think that we are not still looking at the ideas already provided. I just wanted to start fresh to see what other ideas may come out when there is no original layout to start with and no comments from myself saying we have to have this, or really don't want that.

For anyone that takes the time to come up with some ideas, please feel free to share in anyway you want...text post, add to my pic, make your own picture, sketch, etc.

Boxerpups, if you are reading this I'd love to see any pics that you might have showing kitchen layouts that would fit into this space.

Again, a big thanks in advance. They have begun framing our house so we really need to solidify our kitchen plans very soon. I think next time we build, if we ever do again, we'll start planning at least a year in advance...although maybe it doesn't matter how early you start lol :).

Comments (16)