SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cobragirl96_gw

KD experts, would you move fridge (final layout check please!!)

cobragirl96
12 years ago

Okay I know at this point I should know how to imbed pictures, but I still seem to always mess it up so I put my photobucket link below. This is my "final" layout (we are still doing a little tweaking like switching drawers and dishwasher) and we are doing a mix of wood/white with raised center panel, pretty traditional kitchen. My question is would you move the fridge to the upper left part of the north wall? If I did that I would also take the second island and make it into a peninsula. This kitchen is completely open to the family room, and I thought the peninsula would be a better divider as the layout now is very circular and almost seems to invite people into the main part of the kitchen where prep and cooktop are. Unfortunately to make a peninsula, I have to move the fridge and moving the fridge makes the kitchen triangle too big (fridge to cooktop), the back wall is 22 feet and the east wall is 16 feet. Also just to give an idea the north wall overlooks the backyard and the south wall is where the family room is. The east is the driveway and the west is more backyard/dining room. Also please if you see anything glaring that looks like it should be changed, please let me know! I appreciate all your help, it's been a long road and I can actually see a kitchen now!

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen layout pics

Comments (6)