SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bermudafire

Please help with a few final layout questions

bermudafire
12 years ago

OK, after some great advice we started over on our layout. We actually took a design Buehl did and tweaked it. Buehl was limited with trying to fit the 42" fridge, oven stack, pantry, etc... into the layout and keep a reasonable amout of countertop area. I realized that we can make a bump out into the garage that really helps things out. I've included both plans below.

We will have a 30" wall oven, 24" speed oven, and 24" steam oven. We are having trouble deciding the location of the 3rd wall oven. Two ovens will be the in the stack on the bottom left - a regular oven and a speed or steam oven.

One option (this is how it is currently drawn up) is to change the fridge from a 42" to a 36" and put a 24" cabinet next to it. Maybe even make the counter 42" high to get the oven to a better height. This would also give us some added counter space next to the fridge...

The other option we see is putting it in the island but it would be facing the clean-up sink.

We also explored making the island 24" wider and putting it opposite the fridge but the island would be 9'4" and we thought that would be too big and get in the way of the laundry door.

The clean-up sink and range aren't locked into those exact locations, just close to where they will be.

Any feedback on our ideas, new ideas, and input on the general layout are all appreciated!

I will also link to my original post where we were getting feedback on a previous layout.

Thanks!

From Kitchen Plans 051011

Here is a link that might be useful: previous thread

Comments (13)