SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
berryjam

Remodeling layout suggestions.

berryjam
10 years ago

We would like to make out home more open-concept and would like to remove the wall btwn the kitchen and DR and the dbl-sided fireplace btwn the breakfast and FR. I have posted the original layout but can't seem to post another picture (see next post) for what I propose.

We're thinking to switch location of the FR and kitchen and if possible change the bay window into the walk-out patio door and change the current patio door into a window so that the main entrance does not align straight with another door. What kind of window would you suggest and should the little window in the far left match it? I was also thinking could it be transformed into a window seat? Is there a lot of wasted space now that the breakfast area has been removed that could be put to a better usage.

We are a family of 4 (2 young children still) with lots of family, often up to 12 adults and 5 children (which currently sit at a small play table by the wall when all gathered) and bc we're not that formal we split btwn the DR and breakfast table. However, the kitchen then becomes a multi-person kitchen so I would like another sink somewhere but not sure where I should put it.

And if you wouldn't mind giving me your opinion in this matter too: we would like to expand the laundry/mud room, just out to the width of the garage. Would you renovate everything at once and wait a few years to accumulate enough savings or do it separately and start one now.

Thanks for your opinions

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations