SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_583315805

Kitchen Remodel - in early phases - looking for layout suggestions!

Aaron
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We are beginning to embark on a kitchen ripout/remodel. Looking to tweak the layout - but am looking for some help. I do like the current layout - but the biggest issue is the lack of food prep space. I really only have that 3 LF on the island for food prep.

We're thinking of moving the fridge to where the desk is. and then putting a 30" induction range over on that exterior wall, and then an undercounter microwave to get rid of the double oven cabinet. Do you think that will work - or is the fridge too far away?

Any other suggestions are welcome. we're just in the brainstorming phase here.

oh - and yes, that is a 16" door on my "walk-in" pantry....that has to be fixed!!!

Note on graphic - its a cooktop in the island. my app didnt have a cooktop. Also the microwave is built in with the wall oven.

• What are your goals? E.g., more counter space, more storage, seating in the kitchen (island? peninsula? table?), etc.
  • What is your family composition? 2 Adults, one child (5) who also likes to help in the kitchen.
  • How many kitchen workers are there? Typically one (me). My wife does most of the cleaning after im done makign a mess!
  • Do you or anyone in your home cook? Yes! We cook all the time. Including major meals for family (typically only holidays) when we have up to 10 people.
  • How do you see your kitche

n used? Just for cooking/cleaning up. Also like to use the island as a "buffet" area when guests over over.

• Do you entertain a lot? Not often - except for holidays.
  • Do you want your kitchen to be a "hang out" place? Parties only? Everyday? - not really.
  • Do you have a separate DR? Yes. Used infrequently. Typically use the 4 foot t able in the diagram.
  • Would you like to open up the kitchen to adjacent areas? Close it up? - Doubtful. A bit too much work for right now.
  • Do you plan to merge two rooms/areas (e.g., Nook and Kitchen into a Kitchen only) - no
  • Do you have a basement under the Kitchen space? Crawl space? Slab? - Basement. Partially finished but can access most of the kitchen.
  • Where are you flexible?
    Willing to move the pantry (although i love it so that makes me scared!). Open to options where the sink isnt under the window. I suppose moving the window is an option - but not preferred. Willing to remove wall oven.

Comments (12)