SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cosmomilkshake

please show me your built in refrig cabinets

cosmomilkshake
15 years ago

Help.....my cabinet guy is about ready to finish and I can't figure out this one thing.

I have a 48 inch GE monogram, side by side , compressor on top built in style refrigerator. The doors will receive panels to match my shaker style inset door cabinets.

The compressor on top of the refrig also gets a panel - it is 48 wide by 8 inches high. Above the refrig I have room for an 8 inch cabinet and then I will have a 5 inch crown to the ceiling.

I am now thinking it is going to look totally weird to have two 8 inch "cabinets" (one being the compressor panel , the other being the actual cabinet above it) sitting on top of one another.

What have other people done....I cannot leave the 8 inches above the compressor open as a display space....I have crazy cats who will try endlessly to jump up there....and in the process knock over whatever is in their way....that is just not an option.

It is drving me crazy and I cannot seem to figure it out...help with any advice and / or pictures of what you have done...everything I have been able to find on line either has an open display space above the compressor, or has a compressor with a stainless grill , so that the cabinet above it does not look wierd.....

Thanks in advance....

Comments (7)