SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sc_kathyc

I just wanna cry!

sc_kathyc
14 years ago

I just got off the phone with my cabinet guy. I am so frustrated and there is nothing that I can do. It's been 5 months now since I gave him half of the money for the kitchen cabinets and I have a empty boxes, no hood and 3 doors total.

He has been full of nothing but broken promises. The doors that he said he was ordering 4/26(latest promise anyway) were supposed to take 7-10 days. When I called him today, he say's they can't tell him when they will be ready. And the hood cabinet that he built wrong and took back- he was going to spend 1 day trying to repair it and if I didn't approve, he would build a new one. That was last Tuesday, so today he says it will be ready in a couple of days for me to see.

I told him that I am going to be at his shop every day until my cabinets get finished. I don't care if the doors are there or not. I'm going to start tomorrow.

The only problem is I can't really do that. I will be out of town on Wednesday. But I'll be back on Thursday and I think that I will just show up at his shop unannounced.

What can I do? I know where he has ordered the doors I can call tomorrow to confirm that the order is placed. I know that the doors are the most expensive piece. I guess I can start trying to find someone else to do the doors and hood. But, this just makes me want to cry. We have been building this house for 4 years doing the work ourself so that we can pay as we go. To have someone treat you like this is horrible.

I know I'm whining. Tomorrow; maybe I can put it in perspective. But tonight; I'm just angry and hurt.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville