SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blackchamois

Design Dilemma - Dining Table - Which finish? Help!!!

blackchamois
11 years ago

Help! I found a dining table that I plan to purchase, but haven't pulled the trigger because I can't decide on the warm cherry or the black.

It is now on sale for 50% off!!! But only for a few days, so I can't pass up this opportunity to purchase it. Please help me decide!

My dining area is right off the kitchen. The kitchen and surrounding areas are still under construction, so I am hoping to get some feedback by giving you a few details and pics of the space (current and future state).

- The kitchen cabinets are white and counters Caesarstone Raven.
- All the trim work (baseboards, window trim, doors) is white.
- I have not selected a paint color for the dining area, but will be along the lines of light tan/taupe.
- I will have a darkish wood (bamboo type) shade in the dining room window (not shown).
-The table will be on a silsal rug so it will break things up between the table and floor regardless of which table I select.
-Wood floors are the color shown in the fireplace photo.

Do I have too much wood already (floors/window shade) that the warm cherry would be overkill? (And actually I read a review that it's not too much on the cherry/red side.) Or will the sisal rug break all the wood tones up?And would it be a better contrast from the gray counters?

On the other hand, will the black table look too "harsh" with the white cabs and gray counters? (The counters tend to look on the black side from a distance.)

I apologize in advance for the separate pics.

Comments (21)