SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mc87yanks_gw

Cabinet Questions - Barker, Cliq

mc87yanks
11 years ago

With demo right around the corner, it's almost time to make a cabinet decision. So far we have looked at Home Depot, All Wood Cabinets, Cliq Studios, Oxford Cabinet Shop, Barker, Scherrs, and a few local builder supply stores.

Mainly due to price and perceived quality, I think we have whittled down the options to Cliq and Barker. From what I can tell, painted Barker cabinets will run me approximately 10% more than the Cliq cabinets.

My questions are more related to Barker than Cliq. Cliq (6 Square) appear to be pretty solid cabinets that will work well in our house, which is basically a starter home that we've already put way too many high end finishes in. We anticipate moving within 5-7 years, and from the reviews I have read they appear to be cabinets I would not mind selling to the next buyer.

Barker seems to be a higher quality product, albeit one that has to be assembled. Their screw assembly looks to be extremely simple and I can't imagine spending more than 8 hours building the cabinets. Where I get hesitant is their paint finish. Has anyone ordered an entire kitchen painted by Barker? Although I know I could probably save money painting them myself, I don't think I was to deal with spraying in this 1,000 sf home. But I saw another thread where someone receive paint samples and there looked to be some imperfections.

So the basic gist of my questions would be if Barker is worth an extra $1,000 plus the assembly time over Cliq?

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County