SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mabeldingeldine

Reports on Cliq Studios, Kit Cabinet Kings, Modern RTA, Cabinets.com?

mabeldingeldine
8 years ago

Tell me about your RTA cabinet experience. I've already ruled out Scherrs due to timing, and I am looking at Barker and Cabinet Joint/Conestoga, which are more than I hoped to spend. We are planning a trip to Lowes tonight (hot date night!).

I'm looking for painted RTA cabinets. Have you used another brand of RTA cabinets that you would recommend? Tell me about your experience!

Comments (12)

• amykath
    8 years ago

We are nearly finished with our Barker Cabinets. They are a breeze to assemble. They are a very nice quality cabinet and you can choose nearly any size you need. The customer service is excellent. I highly recommend them!!!

• dcward89
    8 years ago

We did Barker as well...had them in almost a year now. LOVE them. High quality, great price for our budget remodel...could not be happier with them. Not sure about all of those you listed but I think they are Chinese made, do your research...we did and no thank you.

• PRO
    Taylor's Cabinets & Interiors
    8 years ago

I priced out a kitchen for a customer that was all set to buy cliq. I could sell an American, assembled, maple shaker door, plywood box cabinet with softclose drawers/doors, and install them, for what the Cliq priced out at, delivered, flat packed.

• GreenDesigns
    8 years ago

A one post wonder shilling for a company doesn't inspire confidence in either their product or their business practices.

• mabeldingeldine
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Today I priced out Diamond Cabinets from Lowes and they compared pretty favorably to IKEA with the various incentives available. I was astonished, and pretty happy. I am awaiting a quote from the KD at my local lumber yard, too. Thanks for all the advice, GW!

• User
    8 years ago

Which Diamond line did you price out? There's 2, made in different locatons, with different specs. One has 3/8" construction, with no soft close as standard, and the other has 1/2" construction with both soft close doors and drawers as standad. If it's the lower spec'd line, then Contractor's Choice, Aristokraft, and a few other lines will price out better for what you're getting.

If it's the latter, then if they've got the discounts, cash back, etc. that bey frequently run, then you will be getting close in price to the dealer pricing for the same line. It's Diamond, Kemper, Schrock, Thomasville at different locations. Same exact cabinets, different labels.

Lead time for either runs 4-6 weeks, which I thought was outside your needed time frame.

• smalloldhouse_gw
    8 years ago

I have Diamond cabinets, the ones with soft close as standard, and they've held up perfectly in a heavily trafficked galley kitchen for the past year (a painted finish that has survived multiple games of soccer in the kitchen!) We got them through a kitchen shop, not Lowes, but when I've been to Lowes, they have the same style, just with a different name. I looked at a range of other lower-cost options: a sample cabinet from Barker in walnut as well as several sample doors seemed beautiful and solid. I also got sample doors from Cliq which were very splotchy in their stains; also the one painted finish I ordered as a sample scratched with almost no effort. There have been positive and very negative reviews about Cliq on GW; I think Barker has only received kudos. For someone like me - with no time, space or skills to actually assemble cabinets - Diamond was a great alternative.

• Robby Billie
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

My husband an I really checked out kitchen cabinets from everywhere. I am a chef by trade and we like the more Modern styles and went to price Poggenpohl and nearly had a heart attack, that was like buying a new car $45k. Needless to say that kind of money was not in our budget. We next checked out Ikea and the quality, fit and finish were not up to our standards. A friend told about RTA cabinets and we found Modern RTA Cabinets and they really went out of their way to help us feel comfortable with the process. We placed our order and let me tell you we are pleased as punch. My husband and I put them together quickly and without an issues. I can tell you it was really worth it. The huge savings and it looks like we spent big money. We were able to do our cabinets for around $8500 with the free delivery. Go check out Modern RTA Cabinets you will be happy too.

• Don
    7 years ago

Any more feedback on RTA cabinets? Modern RTA Cabinets is interesting based on price and 3/4" plywood, but I don't trust the "Robby Billie" post above.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    7 years ago

I was recently reading reviews on cliq on Google. I would suggest doing the same before buying from them. The reports were terrible and especially the customer service experience.

• mabeldingeldine
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Sophie Wheeler, we got the better quality cabinets with the soft close doors and full extension, soft close drawers. The lead time was longer than I wanted, but it worked out in the end due to unforseen complications, and given that, I'm happy we got assembled cabinets. We got gray stained slab door cabinets and they look great and our tenants love the kitchen.

We think it turned out great for a DIY low budget project using secondhand granite!

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm