SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aloha2009

Designers - what would you do with a customer like me?

aloha2009
12 years ago

We are in desperation to get some window coverings up in our bedroom. We have 3 window openings with 2 broken duette shades in a 1/2 octagon shape. The only reason I haven't gotten anything yet is I'm torn between two different looks.

I like clean lines.

Part of me likes a very elegant look with flowing drapery and traditional furniture. Though I'd probably get something with grommets, pics of this look make me feel the area would look to heavy.

Part of me likes roman shades but I haven't seen anything I like. I'm concerned about the informality of the look too.

Window coverings are expensive so I want to get it right the first time. We are getting new bedroom furniture too but have gone around in circles as to the bottom line look - traditional or modern. Being that this is our bedroom, I don't feel the need to be consistent with the rest of the house.

We've both looked through tons of pics and there doesn't seem to be consistency on my part. My DH will gladly go with whatever I choose, but I need to choose.

How would you help a customer commit to a look.

Comments (11)