SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northforker

What plant do you like more than you thought you would?

northforker
15 years ago

This afternoon as I walked up my front path it struck me that I do really love the amaranth "Hot Biscuit". While the goldenish/brownish flowering seed head is shaped like many other amaranths I have, the color is different in NOT being purple. Now that the fall asters have bloomed purple, the hot biscuit color is a great contrast. I have also recently been cutting some for indoor arrangements and it looks terrific in the vase with asters, dalhias and rudbeckia.

Any plants go from "zero to ten" for you this year? At first - blah, but after a while....hmmmm, I like this!!!

Nancy

Comments (3)

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

It would have to be the 'Blue Mink' Ageratum for me. Never was fond of these flowers,but after having them do so well from seed for me,purchased plants always flopped, and noticing how the Honey Bees love them,they really grew on me and I will grow them again next year!:)

• booberry85
    15 years ago

I'm a simple soul when it comes to flowers. I primarily grow vegetables with a few marigolds and zinnias mixed in for interest. This year I grew and was thrilled with the petunias, cosmos, datura and variegated nicandra. I would have never thought to grow them if it weren't for the generous people here.

• pyrgal
    15 years ago

I absolutely love my Anchusa "Blue Showers"!!! I wasn't sure I would like a true blue flower.

Sponsored