SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eks6426

I did it--back to cooking and menus for the week!

eks6426
14 years ago

In light of pllog's thread, I decided I needed a swift kick in the rump to start using my kitchen and stop eating out.

So, last night when I got home I was determined to make dinner at home. I used what I had without going to the store and whipped up this:

sauted chicken over couscous with pineapple/strawberry salsa and a side of roasted asparagus. It looked rather pretty on the plate. It was very fresh tasting compared to what I have eaten the past several months.

I was even more inspired and made a menu and corresponding grocery list for the rest of the week and went to the store. Bought a lot of basics we haven't had as well as a ton of produce. I need to get off the weight I gained eating out the past few months so the goal is to have have a lean protein and 2 veggies plus a fruit at every meal.

This morning I ran a report on my credit card (we charge everything then pay it off--frequent flyer miles!) to see how much we spent on eating out during remodeling months. Ouch! It kills me to think what we could have done with that money.

Now, I'm even more motivated to cook at home.

I'd love some inspiration ideas. I'm looking for quick easy things to cook in 1/2 hour or so after work. Easy is good since I'm working and going to school at night.

Thanks.

Comments (3)