SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamabear03

HELP! Builder saying he doesn't want to put my trim tile in here. :/

mamabear03
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
What do I do here with this back splash under the cabinets? My builder is really tying me in knots. They installed the back splash and there is about half an inch of open mastic/grout between the top of the tiles and the bottom of the cabinets. There is the matching pencil trim installed under the microwave area (you can see if you are able to zoom in on second picture) and the fridge area as well as the window ledge (not shown). The builder did not use the trim pieces we had provided him when installing this. Now he says that since it is filled in with mastic/grout that adding it now will look strange sticking out so far. He wants us to use some kind of wood trim hanging off the bottom of the cabinet to cover this open grout area.

Tomorrow morning my husband is having a meeting with the builder about this. What do we do about this at this point? I feel like we paid him to do a job and do it right, but now that it is where it is, I have no idea what to do now. It's a small town and a bit of a sticky situation, so it's not like I can tell him to DO THIS or I'M NOT PAYING YOU. How can I go about this with grace and make it look right, or at least look GOOD.??

Comments (183)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths