SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlweaving_marji

Looking for help with colors - Library

mlweaving_Marji
10 years ago

I'm putting together my interior plans by room, and I need help choosing colors.
I'm going to start with the library/study here. It doesn't relate in any way to the rest of the house. I'm using a rug from our previous homes, and working from there.
The artwork is existing, the chairs are what I want, I'm buying the end table today, and the plantation shutters are going in in white. I've found a picture with the windows that we'll have, and I plan to get the plantation shutters not covering the transom window, as shown in the pic. The white plantation shutters have been approved by ARB, so they are a given, not subject to change.

The lamp is a whimsy, but probably a bit OTT thematically. Do you like it or do I need to back off on the theme?

As for color, the left half of the slide is in SW Compatible Cream, the right half in SW Chamois. I pulled both colors from the artwork using the Chip_it program. Our builder uses Sherwin Williams paints, so I'd like to stay in their palette.
Across the top of the pic is a bar of SW Greek Villa, which is the trim color being carried throughout the house. In this room it'll be on crown molding, windows, and the glass french doors leading to the foyer.

Do you like either one? Any other suggestions?

Also in the room is a cherry desk, don't have a pic of it. And a chair that is in brown/red tones, also don't have a pic of. It can be reupholstered someday if need be, so it's not in play here.

edit to add close up of rug, which does have some gold tones too

This post was edited by mlweaving_Marji on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 10:00

Comments (47)