SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theroaroffour

Exterior Color Palette - help please!

theroaroffour
14 years ago

Hi everyone- I've been reading these forums for ages, but this is the first time I am posting.

We are building a home, and I have to pick our exterior colors in the next week or so. So far the bits/pieces already selected are: white windows, charcoal grey shingles, and stone skirt (Permacon's Lafitt in Chambord Grey). Above the stone skirt we will have stucco and some cedar shakes in accent areas.

I'm having a hard time with the stucco color. I am getting really bored of beige and would like our house to be a bit different than those already on the street (all of which are various shades of beige) without clashing too much. I looked at a bunch of warm grey/blues but the lady at the Benjamin Moore store thought I was completely bonkers. She said that stucco should never be a distinct color and that I would be sick of it in 10 years. Perhaps she is right... and now I am questioning my judgement!

The house is a craftsman style bungalow so I would like to stick with fairly organic colors. I am looking at BM Sea Haze (which the lady also thought was crazy btw). The cedar shakes can be left natural or stained (haven't decided yet). And the front door will be painted but I haven't thought about it yet either. I'd like to be happy with the stucco color first.

You guys always have some great thoughts on this stuff and I am completely out of ideas - any and all help is welcome - thanks everyone! jen

Comments (3)